SSC Tip of the Month
- SSC Advising Tips (MS Word)
- How to Identify Your Unregistered Advisees (MS Word)
- Identifying Your First Generation Advisees in SSC (MS Word)
- Issuing an Alert in SSC (MS Word)
- Pulling Incomplete Grades in SSC (MS Word)
|Activity||Begin Date||End Date||How|
|Enrollment Census Progress Reports||Last Day to Add with a Red Card||1 week later||Email with link sent to faculty|
|Deficient Midterm Grade Progress Reports||Approximately 6 weeks into the semester||The Friday before advising period begins||Email with link sent to faculty|
|Tutoring Referral||Start of term||End of term||Via Issue an Alert in SSC|
|Academic Coaching Referral||Start of term||End of term||Via Issue an Alert in SSC|
|Financial Aid Referral||Start of term||End of term||Via Issue an Alert in SSC|
|Attendance Alert||Start of term||End of term||Via Issue an Alert in SSC|
Accessing the Student Success Collaborative (SSC)
For optimal performance, we recommended that you use the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox. If you are using Internet Explorer, please be sure to use the latest version.
Your user name is your full Fitchburg State email address (e.g. JDoe12@fitchburgstate.edu) and your password is your network (i.e. Falcon Key) password.
For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Videos to Get You Started
- Overview of SSC
- Searching for a Student
- Setting Up Your Availability
- Setting Up an Appointment Campaign - Video
Schedule a Personalized Training Session
Request a group or one-on-one training session at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Getting Started (MS Word): An overview of some of the platform's functionality.
- Setting Up Office Hours for the Semester (MS Word)
- Searching for Students (MS Word): Step by step instructions for pulling up a student record that is not on your advising or class list.
- Setting Up Your Calendar Availability (MS Word): Step by step instructions for setting up your calendar availability, which is required prior to creating an Appointment Campaign.
- Setting Up an Appointment Campaign (MS Word): Step by step instructions for setting up an Appointment campaign, which is used to invite your advisees to schedule their advising period appointment.
- Appointment Campaign Follow Up (MS Word)
- Adding a New Advisee to an Appointment Campaign (MS Word)
- Faculty User Guide (MS Word): A broader look at some of the functionality available to faculty advisors.
- Syncing Your Calendar:
This is a comprehensive library of training tools. You may access the Help Center by logging into the SSC Platform and clicking on the ‘?’ icon located in the upper right corner of your Home page.
Watch a Tutorial
Please visit the SSC tutorials page to access videos that will walk you through various aspects of the platform.
About the SSC
The SSC is a “big data” initiative that analyzes the past decade of student performance at our institution in order to provide predictive analytics related to courses and student attributes.
Through tailored reports, departments are able to assess key trends and insights in student performance and identify opportunities for targeted initiatives, curricular change, or enhanced resources.
It also provides a comprehensive advising platform which applies the historical data analytics to current students in order to provide advisors with detailed insights into their advisees.
As always, when dealing with student information, it is important to keep our FERPA policy in mind. A copy of this policy can be accessed here (PDF).