Career Advising for Early Alumni
As an early alumnus (up to 5 years) you have access to one-on-one virtual or in person meetings with an Academic and Career Advisor for general career advising, resume/cover letter review, job search support, and interview prep. Just reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or 978.665.4925 to get started.
Career Action Plans help you connect your academic studies in your major to career skills and building experiences that prepare you for the workforce.
- Resumes (PDF)
- Cover Letters (PDF)
- Internship/Job Search (PDF)
- Interviewing (PDF)
- LinkedIn Resources Flyer (PDF)
- Networking (PDF)
- Graduate School Resource Guide (PDF)
- Senior Job Search Resource Guide (PDF)
- Handshake our online recruiting portal. You can use Handshake to apply for full-time and internship opportunities with companies interested in hiring Fitchburg State students.
- North Central MA Chamber of Commerce
- Indeed a large-scale search engine that allows you to see multiple opportunities on one site. Indeed enables you to search for jobs posted on thousands of websites by aggregating them all on one site. Employers post jobs directly on Indeed.
- Idealist lists jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities in the nonprofit sector. Remember there are many opportunities in a variety of areas within the world of nonprofit. While you might be looking for marketing or legal opportunities, for instance, they might be available within nonprofit companies. No matter your major, consider using Idealist to search for opportunities.
- LinkedIn Jobs leverage the world’s largest professional network to connect with opportunities.
- ZipRecruiter an online employment marketplace that leverages Artificial Intelligence (AI)-powered smart matching technology to actively connect millions of employers and job seekers. Over 700 employers in the US, Canada and U.K. and Israel.
- Glassdoor offers millions of the latest job listings, combined with a growing database of company reviews, CEO approval ratings, salary reports, interview reviews and questions, benefits reviews, office photos and more.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives.
Consider signing up to host a student for a one day visit during the winter break. Giving them the opportunity to gain insight into an industry/organization/job function of interest, make connections, and further discern how their skills, interests, and values translate to the workplace.
If you are interested in sharing your knowledge and expertise with current Fitchburg State students on a career panel or in mock or informational interviews, please let us know email@example.com.
Does your current employer offer internship and job opportunities? Consider connecting our current students to those opportunities by sharing them with us. To share an internship or job opportunities at your company please click on our career platform, Handshake. Reach out to Susan Beddes at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.