Your future on your terms. Find yours with one of our 40+ masters and certificate programs. With flexible offerings you can pursue your education on campus or online.
Our dedicated and innovative faculty is committed to your success, and they'll prepare you to make a difference.
Requirements for Graduate Admissions
You must have received a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the U.S. or have completed the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor’s degree university-level degree program.
We ask that you submit the following credentials in addition to the individual program requirements found within each graduate program page:
- Graduate application and $50 fee
- Official transcript of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation (excludes online accelerated programs)
- Professional resume
- Official transcripts of graduate level coursework from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Online programs, with the exception of online accelerated programs, require a GPA of 2.8
Note that every program has individual requirements in addition to these general guidelines. Refer to the program page you’re interested in to review specific requirements.
Approved Credential Evaluation Agencies
Original credential evaluation reports showing the United States equivalency for academic credentials earned in other countries may be provided by:
- A current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)
- A current member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE)
We believe in more than test scores
We don't require graduate testing for any of our programs. However, if you are seeking initial licensure through a master’s, CAGS or graduate certificate you are required to pass the MTEL Communication and Literacy Test.
- Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL)
- TOEFL (International Students only)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
MTEL test scores do not expire. TOEFL and IELTS scores are good for up to 2 years from date of exam.
- TOEFL PBT (paper-based) 550
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) 79
- IELTS graduate - 6.5
- Duolingo graduate - 105
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) graduate - 58
The TOEFL code for Fitchburg State University is 3518.
Preparing for your graduate testing is an important part of the admissions process.
- MTEL -- Practice Test
The Admissions Office keeps admissions materials for up to three years.
It's amazing to actually apply what you're doing in school to what you're doing right now, and know I'll be able to use it later.