Zoom is a web conferencing tool that enables you to host live virtual meetings or classes, and comes with access to collaborative tools such as desktop and application sharing, private and group chat, a whiteboard, and recording. Zoom works on macOS, Windows, iOS and Android devices.
All Fitchburg State University students, faculty, and staff have access to a Basic account. With a basic account, you can host unlimited 40 minute meetings with up to 100 participants.
- Visit fitchburgstate.zoom.us
- At the bottom of the page, click Download Client.
- Below Zoom Client for Meetings, click Download and follow the steps to install the app on your computer (this is a small download and should only take a minute or so)
- Once the software loads, click Sign In.
- Next, select Login with SSO.
- Enter the company domain: fitchburgstate.zoom.us
- Sign in with your Fitchburg State email address and Falcon Key password.
- On the next screen, choose fitchburgstate.zoom.us from the dropdown menu.
- Click Sign In.
How To Use Zoom
You have the option to retain the same Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for every meeting you host using the app on your computer. This makes it easy to share your meeting ID with participants in advance. To keep the same PMI, choose Meetings from the app and click the box next to Always use PMI for instant meetings on this computer.
To Start a Meeting:
Select Start with Video or Start without Video from the Home screen.
Select Join Audio by Computer. You may also click the box next to Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting to always use your computer’s audio.
To Schedule a Meeting:
- Click the Schedule icon.
- Complete the meeting details page and choose a calendar to generate invitation, then click Schedule.
- Download Zoom on your device, then launch Zoom.
- Click Join.
- Enter Meeting ID provided by the meeting host and select Join.
- Go to zoom.us
- Click Join a Meeting in the top right corner.
- First-time Zoom users will be prompted to install the Zoom software. This is a small download and should only take a minute or so.
- Once the software loads, click Join a Meeting.
- Enter the Meeting ID provided by the meeting host and enter your name.
- Click Join.
- Once you’ve entered the meeting, select Join Audio by Computer. You can mute your audio by clicking on the microphone button in the bottom left corner of the meeting screen at any time.
- Download the app for your device:
- iOS: iTunes
- Android: Google Play
- Launch the Zoom app, select Join a Meeting. Enter the Zoom Meeting ID, your name, then Join. You will now be connected to the meeting.
Note: If you see a red X next to the speaker above Audio, tap on the Audio button, then select call using Internet audio. This will connect sound. Please be sure that you mute your microphone or you may create feedback for the meeting.
You can join a Zoom meeting via teleconferencing/audio conferencing (using a traditional telephone). This is useful in occasions where:
- You do not have a microphone or speaker on your PC/Mac.
- You do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) while on the road.
- You cannot connect to a network for video and VoIP/computer audio.
How To Join:
- Dial +1.408.638.0986 or +1.646.558.8665.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9) or ten (10) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. Press # to skip.
To find additional information on how to join Zoom via telephone or the Zoom application, visit Zoom Support.