Zoom is a web conferencing tool that enables you to host live virtual meetings or classes, and comes with access to collaborative tools such as desktop and application sharing, private and group chat, a whiteboard, and recording. Zoom works on macOS, Windows, iOS and Android devices.
All Fitchburg State University students, faculty, and staff have access to a Basic account. With a basic account, you can host unlimited 40 minute meetings with up to 100 participants.
How To Use Zoom
- Go to zoom.us
- Click Join a Meeting in the top right corner.
- First-time Zoom users will be prompted to install the Zoom software. This is a small download and should only take a minute or so.
- Once the software loads, click Join a Meeting.
- Enter the Meeting ID provided by the meeting host and enter your name.
- Click Join.
- Once you’ve entered the meeting, select Join Audio by Computer. You can mute your audio by clicking on the microphone button in the bottom left corner of the meeting screen at any time.
- Download the app for your device:
- iOS: iTunes
- Android: Google Play
- Launch the Zoom app, select Join a Meeting. Enter the Zoom Meeting ID, your name, then Join. You will now be connected to the meeting.
Note: If you see a red X next to the speaker above Audio, tap on the Audio button, then select call using Internet audio. This will connect sound. Please be sure that you mute your microphone or you may create feedback for the meeting.
You can join a Zoom meeting via teleconferencing/audio conferencing (using a traditional telephone). This is useful in occasions where:
- You do not have a microphone or speaker on your PC/Mac.
- You do not have a smartphone (iOS or Android) while on the road.
- You cannot connect to a network for video and VoIP/computer audio.
How To Join:
- Dial +1.408.638.0986 or +1.646.558.8665.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9) or ten (10) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. Press # to skip.
To find additional information on how to join Zoom via telephone or the Zoom application, visit Zoom Support.