Student Mailing Address
Fitchburg State University
319 Highland Ave
Fitchburg, MA 01420-2679
Academic Year Hours
- A photo ID is required to pick up your combination. Mailbox combinations will not be given to anyone other than the student assigned to the box.
- You will receive an email when you receive a package. A signature is required.
- When corresponding within the University, no postage is necessary. Please include a return address and use full names for students and departments for faculty and staff.
- You may purchase postage from the student mail center with your OneCard, or use cash for USPS mail.
- Stamps are available at the Bookstore located in Hammond Hall.
- Pre-paid packages for UPS/FedEx can be dropped off at the student mail center and will be sent out daily.
- Mail boxes should be locked after use, failure to do this may allow others access to your box.
- Mail to specific groups/organizations must have a name of the student on each piece.
- All items of general distribution (campus wide activities, events) must be approved by the appropriate Vice President or designee prior to being inserted into boxes. Please contact the student mail center clerk to determine a time line.
- At no time will anyone other than University mail center staff be admitted behind the window area.
Returning students living on campus will keep same mailbox they had. All new students living in a residential hall will need to request a mailbox. A limited number of mailboxes are available.
- Turn left, at least 4 turns stop at ______
- Turn right, passing 1st number one time and stop at ______
- Turn left, and stop at _____
- Turn right to open box.
- Make sure your box is locked by turning the knob when you close the door.
Note: Mailboxes with alternative access systems are available for students with visual impairments.
For Graduating Seniors or others leaving Fitchburg State, the Student Mail Center will forward mail to the address you are registered under. To change your address with the University you will need to contact the Registrar’s office by email (from your Fitchburg State email account only), or stop by the office.
- U.S. Mail-1st Class and Packages will be forwarded for 1 full year from the date you leave the University.
- Periodicals (magazine subscriptions), under new USPS guidelines, will now only be able to be forwarded up to 60 days. You need to register a permanent change of address with the USPS.
- All Bulk-standard and Non Profit mail will be recycled as it cannot be forwarded under USPS guidelines.
- UPS and Fed Ex packages cannot be forwarded. You will be notified via phone or email regarding any packages that need to be collected. Packages not collected within 60 days of notification will be returned to sender.
A: Come to the student mail center with your University ID. Mailbox information will not be given out over the phone or by email.
A: No, mail and mailbox combinations will only be given out to the individual assigned to the box.
A: Yes, you can add funds to your OneCard to purchase postage, or you can use cash. Stamps are also available in the Bookstore in Hammond Hall.
A: No, the United States Post Office on Main Street (Fitchburg) provides this service.
A: 11am daily.
A: You will receive an email from the student mail center when it is ready.