Dual Enrollment (DE) is a unique opportunity for high achieving secondary school students enrolled in a public or private Massachusetts high school only. It allows
students seeking more rigorous coursework to earn academic credit at both their high school and at Fitchburg State University simultaneously.
We are pleased to offer a Dual Enrollment Program during our fall and spring semesters only. Students must begin in the fall semester, as we do not accept
new students to begin in the spring semester. Our Dual Enrollment program has a limited number of spots each year.
If you would like to be alerted directly once the Fall 2023 Dual Enrollment Application is officially live, please complete the inquiry form.
Dual Enrollment Quick Facts
- Dual enrollment students can take up to 4 courses here at Fitchburg State to fulfill their high school graduation requirements.
- DE students cannot take the following courses: graduate, evening, and any course that requires a prerequisite.
- Courses are offered at a highly discounted rate of $100 per credit which totals to $300 per course.
- Accepted DE students are not guaranteed direct entry into the program or specific courses. This is due to the high number of applications, program capacity, and limited course selection.
- If a student is unable to register for their desired courses they must consult with their high school guidance counselor about completing their fall semester back at their appropriate high school.
- Fall DE students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in each college course in order to continue in the DE program for spring semester.
Dual Enrollment Admissions Requirements
- If you have previously participated in Dual Enrollment at Fitchburg State, you must reapply to be considered for the next academic school year.
- Must be a junior or senior who attends a local high school. (Homeschooled applicants are eligible to apply).
- Students must have a 3.0 GPA or higher in order to be accepted into the program.
- Applicants are encouraged to complete their application with required materials well before the application deadline. All DE applicants will receive an admissions decision via email.
- Due to program capacity, accepted students will be placed into the program on a first come first serve basis until we have received their confirmation to participate through the Intent to Participate Form embedded in their acceptance letter. Once received, accepted DE students will be notified by the program coordinator of guaranteed placement in the program.
Dual Enrollment Application Update
- The Dual Enrollment application is now closed. Unfortunately, we do not accept any new students in the spring semester. The next time to apply for the DE program is Summer 2023.
Dual Enrollment Required Application Materials Checklist
- Completed online application.
- Official high school transcript sent by your guidance counselor.
- Signed parent/guardian signature authorization form.
- Signed guidance counselor signature authorization form (also where your counselor will suggest courses for you to register for).
Dual Enrollment Step by Step Application Process
- Complete and submit online Dual Enrollment Application.
- After submitting your application, two digital signature authorizations will be emailed directly to your parent/guardian and your high school guidance counselor.
- Please meet with your high school guidance counselor to review which courses you can register for in the fall. Your counselor must sign and submit the Guidance Counselor Authorization form with listed courses and an attached official high school transcript with all current grades.
- After discussing with your parent/guardian that you are applying to Fitchburg State’s Dual Enrollment program. They must also sign and submit the Parent Authorization form.
- All application materials (submitted online application, official high school transcript, two signature authorization forms). You will be notified via email when your application is complete or missing materials. An admissions decision will follow via email.