To help with the transfer process we’ve included an overview of requirements below.
You may bring 90 credits from regionally accredited four-year institutions and 75 credits from regionally accredited two-year schools.
We do require that transfer students complete at least 50 percent of the coursework in their major at Fitchburg State, as well as one-quarter of your overall undergraduate credits.
If you have questions about whether or not you meet the requirements to apply, please feel free to contact a transfer counselor at 978.665.3144 or by email.
An invitation to students affected by college closures
In light of recent announcements, we want to inform students that our community welcomes them to continue their studies on our campus.
If your college is affected, we will expedite review of your application.
Requirements and Other Information
- 12-23 transferable* college level credits and a minimum 2.5 college GPA; or
- Up to 23 transferable* college level credits, a minimum 2.0 college GPA and must also meet the admissions standards for freshman applicants; or
- 24 or more transferable* college level credits and a minimum 2.0 college GPA
*courses with grades below a C- or any remedial coursework are not included in this total
- Application (MassTransfer applicants should use our application)
- Final High School Transcript (sent directly from your high school but not required if you have earned an Associates Degree or higher)
- Official College Transcripts sent directly from each institution where you enrolled in a course
- Letter of recommendation
- Students who are not US citizens or Permanent Residents should view our International Student Requirements
November 1 for Game Design
December 1 for all other programs
- January 1 - LPN to BSN
- March 1 - FAFSA & merit scholarship consideration
- July 1 - On campus housing
- August 1 - Commuter students
*Applications received after these priority deadlines will still be accepted, but on a space available basis.
A maximum of 75 semester hours of transfer credit may be accepted for coursework taken at two-year accredited institutions, or credit granted for college-level examinations (CLEP), the military, and/or advanced placement courses.
The maximum increases to 90 semester hours if you attend an accredited four-year institution.
If you attend a Massachusetts community college or state university, then it is easier for you to transfer your credits.
For more details on this program you can visit the MassTransfer website, but we recommend using the online Fitchburg State application if you choose to apply to our campus. You can also find a detailed list of approved MassTransfer linked programs. Only students in linked programs are eligible to apply as MassTransfer.
Transfer Virtual Events are an opportunity to meet virtually with a transfer admissions representative and learn more about the transfer process, how to apply and what our transfer requirements are. You will learn about our programs and how your credits transfer to our university. See below for specific times and dates and how to register for these events.
Virtual one on one appts - 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. (30min block)
Every Monday beginning September 20 through December 13 - open to any transfer student, however you do need to register:
Register for a one-on-one session here
In person one on one appts- please contact Limari Rivera at email@example.com to schedule an in person one on one appt.
Open House: Join us at our open houses for a specialized transfer track session. Register here for the following dates:
- October 16
- October 30
- November 13