Ph.D., University of Massachusetts Amherst (Exercise Science), 2006
M.S., University of Massachusetts Amherst (Exercise Science), 2003
B.S., Skidmore College (Physical Education), 1998
Dr. Wigmore’s research interests include understanding physical activity habits as well as motivators and obstacles to physical activity engagement. Her research has taken a community participatory approach to studying physical activity habits within a low-income, ethnically diverse community.
- J. Berg, L.M. Grimm, D. Wigmore, C.K. Cratsley, R.C. Slotnick, S. Taylor. Quality collaborative to assess quantitative reasoning: adapting the LEAP VALUE rubric and the DQP. Peer Review. 16(3): 17-21, 2014.
- D.M. Wigmore, B. Fernhall, D.L. Smith. Cardiovascular responses to acute aerobic exercise. In: Advanced cardiovascular exercise physiology (pp.139-162). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2011.
- D.M. Wigmore, B. Fernhall, D.L. Smith. Cardiovascular adaptations to aerobic training. In: Advanced cardiovascular exercise physiology (pp.163-1178). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics, 2011.
- D.M. Wigmore, D.E. Befroy, I.R. Lanza, J.A. Kent-Braun. Contraction frequency modulates muscle fatigue and the rate of myoglobin desaturation during incremental contractions in humans. Appl Phys Nutr Metab 33(5): 915-921, 2008.
- D.W. Russ, T.F. Towse, D.M. Wigmore, I.R. Lanza, J.A. Kent-Braun. Contrasting influences of age and sex on muscle fatigue. Med Sci Sport Ex. 40(2): 234-241, 2008.
- I.R. Lanza, D.M. Wigmore, D.E. Befroy, J.A. Kent-Braun. In vivo ATP production during free-flow and ischaemic muscle contractions in humans. J Physiol 577 (Pt1): 353-367, 2006.
- D.M. Wigmore, K. Propert, J.A. Kent-Braun. Blood flow does not limit skeletal muscle force production during incremental isometric contractions. Eur J Appl Phys 96(4): 370-378, 2006.
- Aguilar, L. Whitney, T. Wilson, D. Benes, C. Gustason, M.M. Maldari, D.M. Wigmore. Understanding physical activity levels in an ethnically diverse community: a qualitative study. Presented at the annual meeting of the New England chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine—Providence, RI, November, 2019.
- D. Benes, J. Huang, and D.M. Wigmore. Physical Activity and Perception of Recreational Facilities in a Low Socioeconomic Community. Presented at the Active Living Research Conference—Banff, Canada, February 11-14, 2018.
- D. M. Wigmore and M. Maldari. Physical activity practices and influencing factors in undergraduate students. Presented at the annual meeting of the New England chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine—Providence, RI, October 19-20, 2017.
- K.M. Gildea, A. Berry, C.J. Wunsch, T.M.J. Rook, D. A. Benes, D.M. Wigmore. Physical activity habits and indicators of health in a low-socioeconomic community. Presented at the annual meeting of the New England chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine—Providence, RI, October 19-20, 2017.
- D. Wigmore, C. Cratsley, L. Grimm, J. Berg. Assessing quantitative reasoning across institutions. Presented at the New England Educational Assessment Network Fall Forum—Worcester, MA, November 2014.
- American College of Sports Medicine
- New England Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine