Ed.D., University of Massachusetts Amherst (Teacher Education and School Improvement). May 2014. Research: Teacher Professional Development
CAGS, Fitchburg State College (Educational Leadership and Management). June 2007. Licensed Massachusetts School Principal, grades 5-12.
M.Ed., Lesley University (Instructional Technology). June 1999. Certified Instructional Technology Specialist, grades K-12.
M.A., Simmons College (Teaching). June 1990. Certified Social Studies and Behavioral Sciences Teacher.
B.S., Fitchburg State College (Communications Media). June 1986. Specialization: Television Production.
- Cultural Proficiency and Student Sense of Belonging
- Mindfulness-Based Inclusive Practice
- Participation in the 1st cohort of FSU's Faculty Academy (FA). FA is a collaborative opportunity for faculty to develop curriculum that is engaging and relevant for students. Through instructional design and delivery changes, faculty build a holistic approach to teaching that implements active learning, brings real talk to the classroom and establishes a sense of belonging.
- Recipient of a 2020-2021 Special Projects Grant to conduct research in collaboration with Connie Strittmatter to explore the perceptions and use of the Amelia V. Gallucci-Cirio Library by underrepresented students.
- Principal Investigator for a recently submitted (Oct. 2020) NSF DRK12 Research Proposal, Investigating a theory of mindfulness-based Inclusive Practice (m-bIP) in Early College High Schools.
Day, D. V. & Strittmatter, C. (2020). Student involvement on a campus committee and its impact on sense of belonging: A reflection on a collaboration effort to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice, 8(1), 94-103. https://doi.org/10.14297/jpaap.v8i1.403.
DeLuca, S., Gregory, J. L., & Day, D. V. (2018). Efficacy of Mindfulness in the Classroom, European Journal of Applied Positive Psychology, 2, 3, 1-8. Retrieved from: http://www.nationalwellbeingservice.org/volumes/volume-2-2018/volume-2-article-3
Berg, J., Buell, C., Day, D. & Evans, R. (2018): Meaningful Mathematics: A Social-Justice-Themed-Introductory Statistics Course, PRIMUS, DOI:10.1080/10511970.2018.1446478
Day, D. & Gregory, J. (2017). Mindfulness as a Prerequisite to Effective Leadership; Exploring the Constructs that Foster Productive Use of Feedback for Professional Learning, Interchange, DOI: 10.1007/s10780-017-9307