Screencast-O-Matic is an easy-to-use video and screen recording web application that enables faculty to capture what is being displayed on their computer screen along with audio. The tool comes with full editing functionality. Once created, videos can easily be accessed by students via a shared link.
Screencast-O-Matic through Fitchburg State is only available to faculty for recording, not students. As long as videos are shared properly, students can access videos faculty have created.
- Visit the Fitchburg State Screencast-O-Matic page.
- Log in using your full Fitchburg State email address and Falcon Key password.
- On the next screen, complete the registration process by entering your first and last name and checking the box to agree to the Terms of Service. Click Create Account.
- Return to the Fitchburg State Screencast-O-Matic page and click Download Install to download the screen recorder.
- On the "After Downloading" screen, click OK.
- Once installed, click on the application to open it. Select I have a Team Plan.
- Enter the Access URL FitchburgState and click Submit.
- On the "Install Setup" screen, click OK.
- When the app opens, you’ll be brought to your video library. To begin recording, select Record in the top right corner.
- To create a recording, select Record in the top right corner from your video library.
- Drag the handles of the recording frame to adjust the recording area. Before recording, you can also choose whether to record your screen, webcam, or both and select the recording time. When you’re ready to begin recording, select Rec in the lower left corner.
- To stop recording, click the pause icon in the lower left corner. Next, click Done to complete your recording, or click the trash icon to discard your recording.
- When you’ve finished recording, your video will open in your video library. Here you can preview, edit, and upload your video, or delete it from your library.
- To upload your recording, select Upload to Screencast-O-Matic.
- You will be prompted to publish your video. Check to ensure the video is associated with your Fitchburg State account, you have titled your video, and under Searchable: No Where is selected. Click Publish.
- Once your video has been uploaded, you can open your upload or copy the link to share.
- To access all videos you’ve uploaded, visit the Fitchburg State Screencast-O-Matic page and log in using your full Fitchburg email address and Falcon Key password.
- From your account, select Uploads.
- To share uploaded content, select the link icon to copy the direct link to the video.