Ph.D., University of Guelph (Exercise Physiology), 2008
M.Sc., California State University Sacramento (Exercise Science), 2003
B.A., California State University Sacramento (Biology), 2000
- Whole body, metabolic and cardiovascular adaptations following exercise training
- Hydration levels in elite athletes
- Effect of supplements on muscle metabolism and performance
- J.L. Talanian & L.L. Spriet. Low and moderate doses of caffeine late in exercise improve performance in trained cyclist. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2016, 41 (8), p. 850-855.
- Jason L. Talanian. Defining different types of interval training: Do we need to use more specific terminology? Sports and Exercise Medicine Open Journal. 2015, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17140/SEMOJ-1-124.
- J.L. Talanian, G.P. Holloway, L.A. Snook, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, A. Bonen & L.L. Spriet. Exercise Training increases sarcolemmal and mitochondrial fatty acid transport proteins in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Endocrinol Metab. 2010, 299 (2), p. 180-188.
- J. Quadrilatero, E. Bombardier, S.M. Norris, J.L. Talanian, M.S. Palmer, H.M. Logan, A.R. Tupling, G.J. Heigenhauser & L.L. Spriet. Prolonged moderate-intensity aerobic exercise does not alter apoptotic signaling and DNA fragmentation in human skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Endocrinol Metab. 2010, 298 (3), p. 534-547.
- S.D.R. Galloway, J.L. Talanian, A.K. Shoveller, G.J.F. Heigenhauser & L.L. Spriet. Seven days of oral taurine supplementation does not increase muscle taurine content or alter substrate metabolism during prolonged exercise in humans. J Appl Physiol. 2008, 105 (2), p. 643-651.
- L.L. Spriet, Christopher G.R. Perry & J.L. Talanian. Legal pre-event nutritional supplements to assist energy metabolism. Essays Biochem. 2008, 44, p. 27-43.
- J.L. Talanian, S.D.R. Galloway, G.J.F. Heigenhauser, A. Bonen & L.L. Spriet. Two weeks of high-intensity aerobic interval training increases the capacity for fat oxidation in women. J Appl Physiol. 2007, 102 (4), p.1439-1447.
- C.G.R. Perry, J.L. Talanian, G.J.F. Heigenhauser & L.L. Spriet. The effects of training in hyperoxia vs normoxia on skeletal muscle enzyme activities and exercise performance. J Appl Physiol. 2007, 102 (3), 1022-1027.
- J.L. Talanian, R.J. Tunstall, M.J. Watt, M. Duong, C.G.R. Perry, G.R. Steinberg, B.E. Kemp, G.J.F. Heigenhauser & L.L. Spriet. Adrenergic regulation of HSL serine phosphorylation and activity in human skeletal muscle during the onset of exercise. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006. 291 (4), 1094-1099.