In order to support with the event planning process, initial intake reviews will be conducted allowing the department staff to assist with selecting event locations and dates, insure support needs are identified and scheduled, and provide an opportunity for ideas and recommendations.
Some of the supports offered include space reservations, room set-up, AV tech, and coordination of resource and service requests. As an added service, the office is also developing event and budget checklists, floor plans, and templates to further support your meeting and event planning needs and help individuals and departments deliver high-quality, successful events on our campus.
Our team consists of a group of customer service professionals, along with student staff, who are at the ready to assist with your meeting and event planning needs.
Please see our COVID-19 guidelines for public-facing events.
Need to make sure the space you're requesting has WiFi?
Members of the Fitchburg State University community who plan to host an indoor event on campus that will include external guests must adhere to the following COVID-19 guidelines/checklist:
- Event space (conference rooms, classrooms, etc.) reservations need to be confirmed through EMS.
- All visitors attending an indoor, on-campus event must complete the university’s COVID-19 attestation form. The link to the form can be sent to attendees in advance and the completed forms can be printed and brought to the event. Forms must also be made available onsite for guests to complete upon entrance.
- Any visitor who presents a valid Fitchburg State OneCard does not need to complete a form.
- If a guest does not present a valid Fitchburg State identification card, they need to complete an attestation form.
- Guests not able or willing to comply with the attestation requirements will not be permitted to attend the event.
- Hard copies of the COVID-19 Attestation Form must be ordered at least two (2) business days in advance of your event through Print Services.
- When planning your event, you should schedule enough staff/volunteers to manage the process of completing and collecting the forms.
- You will also need to make sure you have writing implements available for guests to complete the forms.
- Events Management will provide signage for your event advising of the attestation policy.
End of Event
At the end of the event, return forms in one packet to Event Management. The packet should be labeled with the name and date of the event, location, and coordinator/host name.