After you apply for financial aid, we recommend you check your university email frequently in order to ensure you’re getting all university communications.
MARCH 1 - PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR FILING THE FAFSA
File the FAFSA by March 1 in order to be considered for all aid opportunities. The FAFSA can be completed as early as October 1. Be sure to list Fitchburg State University (002184).
- The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (MS Word) is the easiest and fastest way to provide income information on your FAFSA. In lieu of this tool, you may request a Tax Return Transcript at (800) 908-9946. Refer to the Transcript Request Process (MS Word) to learn more.
- Do not delay filing financial aid documents while awaiting an admissions decision. Some federal, state, and institutional funds may no longer be available.
JANUARY-APRIL (FALL ADMISSION)
- If you have been accepted to the university and have completed your financial aid application then you will receive your financial assistance letter in the mail from the Office of Financial Aid.
EARLY APRIL (FALL ADMISSION)
- If you are asked to provide additional documents, please submit these to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. This is so you can receive your financial assistance letter on time.
- Documents you may be asked to submit may include: a verification worksheet, verification of federal tax return data, copies of W-2s, or other documents as requested.
- Please include your student ID on all documents.
- New student loan borrowers will need to complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.
- Any documents submitted later than early May will be processed, but financial aid will be awarded on an as-available basis.
MID-APRIL (FALL ADMISSION)
- If you have been accepted to the university and have completed your financial aid application then will receive your financial assistance letter in the mail from the Office of Financial Aid.
MID-MAY (FALL ADMISSION)
- Upon making a Deposit with the Admissions Office you can view missing documents and accept your aid on Web4 (student portal) using your student ID and password.
- Returning student awards are available in June and will be available on WEB4 for acceptance.
- E-Bill statements will be emailed out around this time. Your financial aid will only appear on your billing statement if you have accepted your financial aid on WEB4.
- New students/parents who will be borrowing federal loans should complete their loan instructions/applications. For more information, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
FIRST WEEK OF AUGUST – FALL BILLS ARE DUE
- See e-bill statement for the actual due date. Financial aid must be accepted via WEB 4 to be listed as a pending credit towards your bill.
LATE NOVEMBER – SPRING BILLING STATEMENTS WILL BE MAILED OUT AROUND THANKSGIVING
- Pending financial aid will be reflected on the E-bill statement, as long as financial aid has been accepted on WEB4 and all loan requirements have been completed.
MID-DECEMBER – SPRING BILLS ARE DUE
- See E-bill statement for actual due date. Financial aid must be accepted via WEB 4 to be listed as a pending credit towards your bill.