- Graduate Certificate, UMass Lowell (Business), 2007
- Ph.D., University of Limerick (Industrial Chemistry), 1998
- BSC, University of Limerick (Industrial Chemistry), 1994
- Green Chemistry Education
- K–12 STEM Education
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Environmental and Food Safety Analysis
- Industrial Adoption of Green Chemistry
- Heterogeneous Catalysis
O'Connor, A. M. (2007, July). Analysis of Nerve Agent Degradation Products by UPLC/MS/MS. The Florida Pesticide Residue Workshop. St. Pete Beach, Florida.
O'Connor, A. (2007, August). Analysis of Perfluorinated Compounds by UPLC/MS/MS: Contamination Reduction Strategies. The National Environmental Monitoring Conference (NEMC). Cambridge, Massachusetts.
O'Connor, A. M. (2006, August). Enhancement of EPA Method 535: Resolving Alachlor and Acetochlor ESA Metabolites. The National Environmental Monitoring Conference. Arlington, Massachusetts.
O'Connor, A. M. (2011, July). A Green Chemistry Curriculum for Science Club for Girls. ChemEd 2011. Kalamazoo, Michigan.
O'Connor, A. M. (2007, February-March). Sample Screening Using LC/MS and LC/MS/MS Libraries. The Pittsburg Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy. Chicago, Illinois.
O'Connor, A. M. (2010, August). Service Learning in Chemistry for Non Majors. Biennial Conference on Chemical Education 2010. University of North Texas, Denton, Texas.