Welcome to the Fitchburg State University
It is the mission of the Fitchburg State University Police Department to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, to partner with the community to solve problems, and to enhance public safety in a manner that is reasonable, unbiased, and transparent.
The Fitchburg State University Police Department strives to provide exemplary community-oriented policing services by creating partnerships and problem solving strategies that promote the safety, security, and well-being of our community.
- Fairness and Impartiality: We act with fairness, restraint, and impartiality in carrying out our responsibilities. We understand that our actions, combined with the way we treat members of the community, contribute to our “legitimacy” in the eyes of the public.
- Integrity: We are honest, truthful, and consistent in our words and actions, and therefore worthy of the community’s trust.
- Teamwork: We work together as one organization in carrying out the mission of the department. As individual members, we are respectful to each other and work collectively to solve problems in service of our community.
- Collaboration: We value working in partnership with the community, to create and maintain a culture of mutual trust, with a goal of shared success and accomplishment.
- Competence: We are public safety professionals, exhibiting a quiet confidence in the performance of our duties; accompanied by a desire for continuous improvement. We are responsive to the needs of the community and deliver services promptly and efficiently.
Sunday through Saturday
Open 24 hours per day
32 Clinton Street
- Mailing Address:
160 Pearl Street