Visit Fitchburg State
You hear it all the time. The best way to get a real sense of the campus is to visit. It's true!
As part of our ongoing rejuvenation of Fitchburg State University, a large part of our campus core landscaping and hardscape will be renovated this summer. Admissions guest parking will be temporarily relocated to the Ross parking lot. Please refer to the Campus Parking Lot Map for the exact location. Signage will be placed around campus directing guests to the Admissions Office.
- Visit during the week
- Visit on a Saturday
- Attend a Fall Open House
- Tour an Academic Department
- Shadow a Student
- Schedule a Group Visit
Students pursuing an undergraduate degree at night, continuing ed, or graduate degree
We look forward to your visit! If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 800-705-9692.
- Information Sessions and campus tours and are available Monday - Friday at 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM
Many current students will tell you it was their first visit to our campus that confirmed their decision to attend Fitchburg State. When you set foot on our beautiful campus you will know pretty quickly if we are the right fit for you.
When you visit our campus you will see the new Antonucci Science Complex, walk through our redesigned campus quad, and meet some of our dedicated faculty, staff, and students. Most importantly, when you're on campus you will experience firsthand the great community that we have here at Fitchburg State University!
Our campus tour begins with an overview by an admissions counselor followed by a student-led campus tour. Please use the link below to register for a weekly visit to our campus.
We host Saturday Information Sessions on select Saturdays December through April. The Saturday information sessions start at 11:00 am in Hammond Hall and are followed by a tour of the campus. Our Saturday Information Sessions have concluded for the academic year. Please consider attending a weekly tour.
During the fall we host three Open Houses. These events are intended primarily for seniors in high school and transfer day students and offer a comprehensive look at the campus including academic departments, student life, athletics, admissions and financial aid. We will be offering our Open Houses on the following days:
- October 17
- October 31
- November 14
Registration will be available in August.
During the fall and spring semesters we offer weekly 45-minute tours of the following departments. We encourage you and your family to attend the daily campus tour, as well as the academic department tour.
Please note that department tours have concluded for the academic year. The Fall 2015 department tour schedule will be posted at the end of the summer. Campus Tours will continue to be available to prospective students Monday through Friday at either 11:30 am or 2 pm.
- Architectural Technology
- Construction Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Energy Management Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Technical Theatre Arts
- Film and Video
- Game Design
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Media
- Professional Communication
Can I shadow a student for the day?
Please note that our shadow visit program has concluded for the academic year.
If you are interested in finding out what it’s like to be a “Falcon” for the day, we can have a current student host you for the day during our spring and fall semesters. Please complete our shadow request form and email it to our Shadow program coordinator two weeks prior to when you would like to visit. If you are having trouble opening our form, please email Kiel Szivos KSzivos@fitchburgstate.edu
High School counselors, teachers, or leaders of college-bound organizations are welcome and encouraged to speak with the Admissions Office to organize a group visit to our campus. These visits are intended for prospective college-bound students already in or about to enter high school or for already enrolled college students transferring from another institution. In order for the Admissions Office to provide the best possible experience for your students, please review the following guidelines regarding bringing your group to visit Fitchburg State University:
- Group tours are offered on Mondays and Fridays at 10:00 am and 1:30 pm. Only one group can be accommodated per available time slot so please provide at least two options for days and times when requesting a group visit
- Summer visits will be available from May 19th and through August 28th
- Fall visits will begin September 9th and will continue until December 9th. These visits will be offered on Wednesdays and Fridays only at 10:00 am and 1:30 pm.
- Tours are not available on weekends or holidays when Fitchburg State University is closed. We also may be unable to accommodate groups during busy periods such as school vacation weeks or large on-campus events
- Requests for group visits must be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to the requested date
- All group visits will include an information session by an admissions counselor and campus tour by a current Fitchburg State University student
- One chaperone must be present for every ten students
- Visit cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to the schedule tour
- If your group is running late, the Admissions Office must be notified via telephone at 978.665.3144. If a group is over 15 minutes late, unfortunately we may either need to shorten or cancel the tour portion of the visit
- Although we are not able to provide complimentary lunch to our group visitors, groups are certainly welcome to have lunch at our Holmes Dining Commons. After your visit date has been confirmed, we will forward information regarding lunch arrangements to you.
To schedule your group visit or for questions regarding bringing your group to Fitchburg State, please contact Kiel Szivos at KSzivos@fitchburgstate.edu or 978.665.3148