Visit Fitchburg State
You hear it all the time. The best way to get a real sense of the campus is to visit. It's true!
Academic Department Tours will not be offered during Spring Break, March 9th - 13th. Department tours will resume on Monday, March 16th.
Undergraduate Day Students
- Visit during the week
- Visit on a Saturday
- Attend a Fall Open House
- Tour an Academic Department
- Shadow a Student
- Schedule a Group Visit
Students pursuing an undergraduate degree at night, continuing ed, or graduate degree
We look forward to your visit! If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 800-705-9692.
- Information sessions are available Monday – Friday at 1:00 PM
- Campus tours are available Monday - Friday at 11:30 AM and 2:00 PM
Campus tours, led by a current student, are available before and after the information session and last about one hour.
All Information Sessions and Tours start from the Admissions Office, located in the Anthony Building at 280 Highland Ave. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the Information Session or tour. No appointment is necessary.
Yes! We host Saturday Information Sessions on select Saturdays December through April. The Saturday information sessions start at 11:00 am in Hammond Hall and are followed by a tour of the campus. Please also consider we offer two tours daily (Mon- Fri) all year round.
2014-15 Saturday Information Sessions
During the fall we host three Open Houses. These events are intended primarily for seniors in high school and transfer day students and offer a comprehensive look at the campus including academic departments, student life, athletics, admissions and financial aid. We have concluded our Open Houses for the fall, we encourage you to visit us during the week or at one of our Saturday Information Sessions.
During the fall and spring semesters we offer weekly 45-minute tours of the following departments. We encourage you and your family to attend the daily campus tour, as well as the academic department tour.
Education : TUESDAY 10:30
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Middle School Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
Nursing: TUESDAY 3:30
Industrial Technology: MONDAY 3:15
- Architectural Technology
- Construction Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Energy Management Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Technical Theatre Arts
Communications Media FRIDAY 2:00
- Film and Video
- Game Design
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Media
- Professional Communication
Can I shadow a student for the day?
Absolutely! If you are interested in finding out what it’s like to be a “Falcon” for the day, we can have a current student host you for the day during our spring and fall semesters. Please complete our shadow request form and email it to our Shadow program coordinator two weeks prior to when you would like to visit.
High School counselors, teachers, or leaders of college-bound organizations are welcome and encouraged to speak with the Admissions Office to organize a group visit to our campus. These visits are intended for prospective college-bound students already in or about to enter high school or for already enrolled college students transferring from another institution. In order for the Admissions Office to provide the best possible experience for your students, please review the following guidelines regarding bringing your group to visit Fitchburg State University:
- Group tours are offered on Mondays and Fridays at 10:00 am and 1:30 pm. Only one group can be accommodated per available time slot so please provide at least two options for days and times when requesting a group visit
- For the 2015 spring semester, group visits are available from January 13th through May 6th
- Summer visits will be available from May 19th and through August 28th
- Tours are not available on weekends or holidays when Fitchburg State University is closed – this includes spring break March 9th - 13th. We also may be unable to accommodate groups during busy periods such as school vacation weeks or large on-campus events
- Requests for group visits must be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to the requested date
- All group visits will include an information session by an admissions counselor and campus tour by a current Fitchburg State University student
- One chaperone must be present for every ten students
- Visit cancellations must be made 48 hours prior to the schedule tour
- If your group is running late, the Admissions Office must be notified via telephone at 978.665.3144. If a group is over 15 minutes late, unfortunately we may either need to shorten or cancel the tour portion of the visit
- Although we are not able to provide complimentary lunch to our group visitors, groups are certainly welcome to have lunch at our Holmes Dining Commons. After your visit date has been confirmed, we will forward information regarding lunch arrangements to you.
To schedule your group visit or for questions regarding bringing your group to Fitchburg State, please contact Kiel Szivos at KSzivos@fitchburgstate.edu or 978.665.3148