Computer Science Department
The Computer Science department at Fitchburg State University strives to provide high quality professional programs and life-long learning opportunities at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels.
We also seek to help the local hi-tech/business communities by providing professional education and a skilled workforce in the Computer Science and Computer Information Systems fields.
Austin, Kevin - Introduction to Electronics, Digital Electronics, Assembly Language Programming, Microprocessors, Embedded Systems, Computer Engineering
Chen, Xuzhou "Brady" - Computer Science Basics, Computer Info Systems, Systems Analysis Methods, Operating Systems, Systems Design and Implementation, Data Communications
Kurtonina, Natasha - Systems Programming, Discrete Math, Computer Applications, Object Oriented Programming, Algorithms & Data Structures
Lander, Frits - Intro to Programming, Business Programming, Database Systems
Mahadev, Nadimpalli - Computational Theory, Algorithms, Software Engineering, Web Programming, Cyber Security
Sethi, Ricky - Computer Science I, Database Systems
Taylor, Stephen - Computer Science II, Programming Languages, Computer Science I, Assembly Language
The students in the Computer Science Department have access to state-of-the-art multimedia classrooms and lecture/labs. In addition, the department offers:
- Access to required software through special educational software licenses from Microsoft, and other prominent software vendors.
- High speed Internet connections between computer labs and departmental network using the latest technologies.
- Hardware labs containing equipment for teaching courses such as digital electronics, computer organization, microprocessors, digital signal processing, data communications, local area networks and embedded systems.
- Windows, UNIX, LINUX, and State-of-the-art database servers.
Program at a Glance
Clubs & Organizations
- High School Programming Contest
- Departmental Awards
- Internship Paperwork (PDF)
- Computer Science Speaker Series
Anthony, Room 102
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
160 Pearl Street
Fitchburg MA 01420