TRIO requires each student in our program to complete Financial Literacy. There are two ways to do this:
- Attend the Financial Literacy Workshop held each semester for 1 (one) hour. OR
- Complete the Financial Literacy online program with CashCourse (directions found below).
- You must complete one course and two quizzes to meet the financial literacy requirement.
- At the completion of your last quiz, choose VIEW ACTIVITY, PRINT PREVIEW, and either screenshot and email to email@example.com or print out and return to EHP for verification of completion.
If you cannot attend the live session, you can complete the program via CashCourse. Please refer to the instructions below.
Getting Started with CashCourse
To meet the EHP financial literacy requirement, you must complete one course (approximately 40 minutes) and two quizzes (approximately 20 minutes). Please see below for step-by-step directions. Do not hesitate to ask an EHP staff member for help.
- Go to Cashcourse.org
- Choose "log in," then select "Create a free account here."
- Fill out the form to create an account (record your username and password so that if needed you can reenter).
- Once your account has been created, you'll be taken to your dashboard.
- Choose "View Assignments."
- Under "My Assignments, choose "Jason Smith"
- The first section will be "Coursework." You will be able to see all available courses. When you decide which course you'd like to do, choose "View Details" and then "Begin Course."
- You will be given a pre-test and a post-test. Scores will be sent to EHP automatically. With Coursework, all the information is given in between the two quizzes.
- Quizzes are listed under "Coursework." You will learn about your financial literacy topic throughout the quiz. Quiz topics also tend to be more specific than the courses.
You must complete one course and two quizzes to meet the financial literacy requirement.
At the completion of your last quiz, choose VIEW ACTIVITY, PRINT PREVIEW, and either screenshot and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or print out and return to EHP for verification of completion.
- If after meeting your requirement you have additional financial questions, we encourage you to take a look at the many other tools CashCourse has to offer!
- "Financial Tools" includes the Budget Wizard, videos, calculators, a glossary, and more! If you would like to repeat a quiz, you can find it here.
- "Financial Calculators" are a really great feature. They allow you to plug in real life numbers to give you an idea of your potential financial situation. For example, if you are thinking about purchasing a vehicle, you can use the "What would my loan payment be?" option to estimate your monthly payment.
- You can also use the search feature to find articles based on topics of interest. For example, I searched "Study Abroad."
- This search would give you articles similar to the following: