- The Tutor Center offers one-on-one tutoring in over 50 courses including history, psychology, criminal justice, science, and business courses.
- Students work with the same tutor once or twice a week for the entire semester.
- All peer tutors are CRLA certified and highly qualified.
- Tutors help with subject specific content and also help students to develop good study habits and develop critical thinking skills.
- The tutor and tutee choose a mutually convenient time to meet each week in an academic space on campus such as the tutor center, library, or science center.
Any student who is matched with a tutor for the semester is expected to abide by the following policies:
- Students are expected to arrive on time - please respect your tutor's time. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Students must arrive with all of the necessary tools of the course which may include a notebook, textbook, computer, syllabus or other handouts, writing utensils, lab book, and calculator.
- Students are expected to come prepared for a tutor session.
- Tutors do not do your homework, write you paper, help you cram for a test, or teach material from a class you skipped.
For students who may not feel the need for regular weekly one-in-one or small group tutoring, walk-in tutoring is a good option. Students can drop in for help in math, writing, science, and nursing courses as often as they wish with no appointment necessary. See the math, science/nursing or writing pages of this website for those walk-in hours.