Work Study


Students may not work more than 20 hours per week when classes are in session. When classes are not in session (winter/spring/summer breaks), they may not work more than 40 hours per week.

All required forms must be completed and submitted to the Payroll Office before a student can begin working. Forms are available below.

Student Pay Rates

New rate information coming soon

Direct Deposit

We strongly recommend that all work study students enroll to be paid by direct deposit. Not only does it play its part in going green, but it also saves you time. Money is immediately available in your designated bank account(s) on pay day. No need to stop by Payroll or drive to the bank! Pay advices are available electronically on Self Service Time and Attendance. To effectuate or change a direct deposit, please visit the Payroll Office. The form is located below. If you do choose to receive a physical pay check, you may pick the check up in the Payroll Office after 12:00pm on the pay day.


Students claiming exempt status on their federal taxes must complete a new W-4 each year. The form is below.

Time Cards

Since students are only paid for hours worked, a student will not be processed on a payroll without a signed time card. Work must be completed and time cards must be signed by the supervisor. All time cards must be submitted to the Payroll Office by Monday at 9:00am of the pay week.

The time card must include the following:

  • Hours Worked
  • Hourly Wage
  • Account Number
  • Employee Signature*
  • Supervisor Signature
  • Dates

*In order to make the attendance process easier for supervisors, a weekly time log or attendance sheet with the student signature may be maintained at the department level. Please be aware that if the department chooses this option, these signed time logs and records must be maintained for a minimum of seven (7) years for auditing purposes as mandated by law. If an attendance log is not maintained, students are required to sign the Time Card prior to submitting to the Payroll Office. Only supervisors or university staff may deliver the time cards to the Payroll Office. Blank time cards may be obtained from our forms page or the Payroll Office as needed.


You'll find all the required student employment forms on our forms page.