Falcon Cable TV is available at no charge to all students living in the residence halls. Service is active at the time of move-in. Please bring your own cable cord.
In addition, Falcon Cable TV is available in select locations throughout the campus.
Falcon Cable TV Setup Instructions
- Make sure your TV is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
- Connect one end of the coaxial cable to the TV wall jack and the other end to the “CATV” or “VHF IN” on your television. Do not connect to the “UHF IN” on your television.
Your digital television must have a QAM tuner (Quadrature Amplitude Modulation), which allows your TV to receive high definition cable programming without a cable set top box. Some less expensive TVs come with a low quality QAM tuner that may not be able to pick up all the digital channels, so check the specifications when purchasing a TV.
A NTSC (National Television System Committee) tuner is not compatible. This TV will require a digital-to-analog converter box to view television signals.
An ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) tuner can receive digital signals but is not compatible with the school’s cable system.
Programming Your TV to Receive All Available Channels
Using your TV's remote, follow the general steps outlined below. For more specific information, refer to your TV's owner’s manual.
- Press the “Power” button to turn on the TV.
- Press the “Menu” button.
- Select “Set-Up.”
- Select “Cable.”
- Select “Auto Program/Auto Tune,” then “OK.”
Troubleshooting and FAQ
Our cable TV provider, Campus Televideo, has created a comprehensive FAQ and knowledge base.
- Campus Televideo website (PDF)