As promised, we have created an in-person event for members of the Class of 2021 to celebrate the completion of their degrees this spring.
In addition to the virtual commencement ceremonies that we are producing to honor all members of the Class of 2021, the Falcon Graduation Walk will be a fun, hands-on opportunity for those who want to share an in-person experience with family and friends as you near the conclusion of your studies. This event will be held in the Athletics and Recreation Center, 130 North St.
Please remember, this is an optional event, created for those who are seeking a face-to-face celebration beyond the virtual ceremonies that are proceeding as planned for May.
At the Falcon Graduation Walk:
- Each participating graduate and up to four guests will be escorted into the Athletics and Recreation Center.
- Inside, the graduate’s name will be called, they will cross the stage, and collect a diploma cover while their guests cheer them on. A professional photographer will capture the moment. Wear your cap and gown, or go casual. It’s your choice!
- Caps and gowns will be available for purchase beginning Monday, April 5 in the Bookstore and online. For online purchase, students should go to fitchburgstateshop.com and enter the term graduation in the search bar.
- More professional photos will be taken at a second station, where graduates can pose with their guests. There will also be space for additional fun photos to celebrate the occasion.
- Digital photos will be shared with the graduates to download and share, at no cost.
Because we need to remain in compliance with health and safety guidelines, all graduates and guests participating in the Graduation Walk must register in advance by Monday, April 19, and only one family unit at a time will be allowed into the photo area. We will have volunteers in place to make sure the event is run in accordance with all public health directives, while still making sure this is a fun and uplifting moment for the members of the Class of 2021 who wish to participate.
You may register for a slot at the link below. To accommodate as many of our graduates and guests as possible, we will be scheduling for the following dates and times:
- Thursday, April 29 from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, April 30 from 1 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, May 1 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Register here! Remember, the deadline to register for the Graduation Walk is Monday, April 19.
And remember, ALL members of the Class of 2021 will be recognized in our virtual commencement ceremonies in May:
- The Graduate Commencement Ceremony will stream at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, May 13
- The Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony will stream at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 15
COVID Safety Guidelines
In accordance with the state's COVID-19 Safety Standards and guidelines, graduates and guests must attest that they will NOT attend the Falcon Graduation Walk if:
- They are experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.0° and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- They have had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not completed the required quarantine period.
- They are currently required to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official.