Seven Steps Towards Becoming A Falcon
- Pay your deposit (and BUY THAT SWEATSHIRT!).
- Visit our campus.
- Follow the Falcon Buzz Team on social media.
- Send your final transcripts as soon as they're available (official high school or college).
- If you applied for Financial Aid, complete and submit your award letter. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor with any questions.
- Apply for housing by December 15 and choose a meal plan.
- Check your email for Orientation details. Information will be forthcoming as the fall semester comes to a close.
- Complete and return the Admissions Acceptance Confirmation form from your Acceptance Information booklet.
- The Proof of Residency Form must be completed by Massachusetts Residents, students eligible to participate in the New England Regional Student Program, or by members of the armed forces on active duty in Massachusetts.
- All incoming students will pay a non-refundable enrollment deposit, commuter students will pay $200 and residence hall students will pay $350.
- Call us at 800-705-9692 to pay by credit or by mailing a check or money order to the Admissions Office. Checks are payable to Fitchburg State University - please be sure to include your name in the memo!
How and when do I register for classes?
Freshmen students who confirm their place in the incoming class by sending their deposit will receive information in regards to registering for spring classes. Students enrolled as pre-major will meet with an advisor and register for classes during orientation.
Transfer students who have paid their deposit are invited to participate in a one-on-one advising and registration. If you have paid your deposit please contact our Academic Advising center after November 1! Transfer Advising appointments begin on November 16.
During your one-on-one appointment you will:
- Meet with an advisor and register for classes
- Receive your new email address and account info
- Get your parking pass (if you plan to bring your car)
- Get your picture taken for your OneCard (Fitchburg State Student ID)
What else will happen during orientation?
During orientation you will receive your student email address, have your picture taken for your student ID, meet your classmates, and much more. Details regarding your orientation will be forthcoming as the fall semester comes to a close.
What if I'm a commuter, how can I connect with other commuters?
Our commuter affairs organization provides helpful information and support.
I still have questions about the costs. Is there somebody I can talk to about financial aid?
We are committed to making quality education as affordable as possible. We know the financial aid process can sometimes be confusing, so please feel free to contact your financial aid counselor with any questions you may have regarding the financial aid process.
Will I have to take any placement tests?
Before you attend orientation and register for your classes, all freshmen must take the computerized placement test in Writing, Reading Comprehension and Algebra. These test results help identify which courses are most appropriate for you to take. As students complete their placement test, they will be pre-registered into key courses, which will act as the foundation of the class schedule that they will complete at orientation.
Many transfer students also need to take some of these placement tests – the Placement Testing Office will let you know which tests you’ll need.
Still have questions?
Entering a new school is exciting, but we know it can also raise a lot of questions for both the student and their family. Please free to reach out directly to any of our offices with any questions or concerns. If you are not sure whom to contact, please call the Admissions Office and we'll help you find the answer!