Ten Steps Towards Becoming A Falcon
- Pay your deposit through your application status page (and BUY THAT SWEATSHIRT!).
- Visit our campus.
- Submit your Admission Acceptance Confirmation and Proof of Residency Form through your application status page.
- Send us your final transcripts as soon as they're available (official high school or college).
- If you applied for Financial Aid, complete and submit your award letter. Please contact your Financial Aid Counselor with any questions.
- Follow the Falcon Buzz Team on social media and join our Facebook Group
- Apply for housing by May 15th. You will receive an email with instructions on how to apply.
- Select a meal plan by May 1st. The housing email will include instructions on how to select a meal plan.
- Check your email for Orientation details. Information will be forthcoming as the spring semester comes to a close.
- Feel free to contact the Admissions Office if you still have questions at 800-705-9692.
I'm Ready to Pay My Deposit! What's Next?
- Complete the Admissions Acceptance Confirmation form which you can find on your application status page.
- The Proof of Residency Form must be completed by Massachusetts residents, students eligible to participate in the New England Regional Student Program, or by members of the armed forces on active duty in Massachusetts.
- All incoming students will pay a non-refundable enrollment deposit. Commuter students will pay $200 and residence hall students will pay $350.
- Log in to your application status page to make your deposit.
How and when do I register for classes?
Freshmen students who confirm their place in the incoming class by sending their deposit will receive information regarding registration for fall classes. Students enrolled as pre-major will meet with an advisor and register for classes during orientation.
Transfer students who have paid their deposit are invited to participate in one-on-one advising and registration. If you have paid your deposit, please contact our Academic Advising Center after April 1. Transfer Advising appointments begin in mid-April.
During your one-on-one appointment you will:
- Meet with an advisor and register for classes
- Receive your new email address and account info
- Get your parking pass (if you plan to have a car on campus)
- Get your picture taken for your OneCard (Fitchburg State Student ID)
Shadow a Student
Find out what it's like to be a Falcon for a day. The following programs offer shadow days that give you a sense of everyday campus life (click to register):
What else will happen during orientation?
During orientation you will receive your student email address, have your picture taken for your student ID, meet your classmates, and much more. Details regarding your orientation will be forthcoming as the spring semester comes to a close.
If I’m a commuter, how can I connect with other commuters?
Our commuter affairs organization provides helpful information and support.
I still have questions about the costs. Is there somebody I can talk to about financial aid?
We are committed to making quality education as affordable as possible. We know the financial aid process can sometimes be confusing, so please feel free to contact your financial aid counselor with any questions you may have regarding the financial aid process.
Will I have to take any placement tests?
Before you attend orientation and register for your classes, all freshmen must take the computerized placement test in Writing, Reading Comprehension, and Algebra. These test results help identify which courses are most appropriate for you to take. As students complete their placement test, they will be pre-registered into key courses, which will serve as the foundation of the class schedule that they will complete at orientation.
Many transfer students also need to take some of these placement tests – the Placement Testing Office will let you know which tests you’ll need.
Still have questions?
Entering a new school is exciting, but we know it can also raise a lot of questions for both the student and their family. Please feel free to reach out directly to any of our offices with any questions or concerns. If you are not sure whom to contact, please call the Admissions Office and we'll help you find the answer!