Connect-ED Notification System
Connect-ED, as it's called, allows you to add your home, residence hall and/or mobile phone numbers into the call groups so that you will be notified of important campus announcements. Examples of such announcements are:
- Campus and regional emergencies
- Snow closures/delays
Groupings by faculty/staff and students will allow messages to be targeted to relevant groups.
Connect-ED is particularly important as the university reassesses its crisis plan, and seeks the most effective methods of communicating with the campus community.
To sign up for this service, simply follow these steps:
- Login to Blackboard at http://blackboard.fitchburgstate.edu using your faculty/staff or student Falcon Key account
- Click on Personal Information in the Tools box on the left
- Click Edit Personal Information
- Enter your home/dorm and/or mobile phone number(s) in the format of xxx-xxx-xxxx
- Click Submit
You will be added to the Connect-ED service overnight. Only students enrolled in the current semester will receive messages. You can unsubscribe from the Connect-ED service at anytime by removing your phone numbers from the Personal Information area of Blackboard. If you need any assistance with the above steps, please contact the 24/7 Call Center at (978) 665-4500.