Graduate & Continuing Education Payment & Fee Information
Graduate and Continuing Education courses including online courses require payment at the time of registration. Your payment can be made online by visiting web4.fitchburgstate.edu (pin required).
Please note non-payment will result in the course(s) being administratively withdrawn.
The following methods may be used to pay your account:
- All major credit cards – please use the web4.fitchburgstate.edu site (pin required)
- Check payment
- ACH debit from checking or savings account - please use the web4.fitchburgstate.edu site (pin required)
- Cash (in person)
- Bank check or money order
- Approved and accepted financial aid
Fitchburg State University has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. peerTransfer allows you to pay from any country and any bank. They also offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, compared to traditional banks. You will be able to track the progress of your payment throughout the transfer process via a student dashboard and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Fitchburg State University.
Click or go to: peerTransfer to begin the payment process.
If you have financial aid please contact the student accounts office to inform us you will be using your financial aid as credit towards your account. Financial aid must be approved and accepted to be used as credit.
Tuition Waivers & Vouchers:
If you plan to use a tuition waiver or voucher as partial payment for your course(s) the form must be remitted at time of registration, or within seven days. If the form is not remitted within the seven days, you will be responsible for paying for the tuition that has been assessed to your account. It is important to check with your human resource department to determine your eligibility. Not all tuition waivers apply to non-state funded programs, such as those offered through Graduate and Continuing Education. Note: Tuition waivers, remissions and vouchers do not apply to Life Long Learning courses, conferences, teleconferences, selected distance learning courses, courses by arrangement or professional development seminars and lectures sponsored by Graduate and Continuing Education.
To be eligible for Massachusetts State Veteran Tuition Waivers, students must:
- Be matriculated in either an undergraduate degree or certificate program, through the Admissions Office, at least 10 days prior to the beginning of a semester.
- Be a permanent legal resident of Massachusetts for at least one year.
- Provide documentation of eligibility when applying: DD214 etc.; Vietnam Veteran; Service between Feb. 1, 1955, and May 7, 1975; Persian Gulf War; Aug. 2, 1990 – Undetermined, Southwest Asia Service Medal, National Defense Medal and Armed Forces. Expeditionary Service Medal constitutes war time service in the Persian Gulf War. Limit 130 credits.
- No refunds or changes in status will be made upon late submission of veterans papers. All veterans are required to pay fees, regardless of tuition exemptions. For veteran information, please consult the Office of the Registrar at (978) 665-3490.
Massachusetts state law requires that all undergraduate students registered for 9 or more semester hours, and graduate students registered for 6.75 or more credits have health insurance. If you have comparable coverage an online health waiver must be submitted each semester you are assessed. If you are charged for the insurance you will receive a letter or email with instructions on how to waive this charge or click here for online waiver instructions. If you need information regarding the health insurance coverage please visit http://www.universityhealthplans.com/.
Students Over Sixty Years Of Age:
There is no tuition charge for students over 60 years of age who enroll in credit-bearing graduate or undergraduate courses. However, they must pay all appropriate fees. Senior citizens are welcome to enroll in any class, provided space is available, after the registration of tuition-paying students. The following criteria must be met for eligibility.
- Massachusetts resident for at least one year prior to the start of the academic year and maintain such residency throughout the entire period of eligibility.
- U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-Citizen.
- Enrolled in a public university undergraduate degree or certificate program.
- Not in default of any Federal or State Loan for attendance at any institution or owe a refund for any previous student financial aid received.
- Complete all verification requirements mandated by the U.S. Department of Education and the institution when requested.