REDI's independent research for widespread distribution provides cutting-edge trend, geographically and electronically mapped spatial, and multiple sector analyses to promote: greater knowledge, awareness, involvement, and advancement of regional economic development across North Central Massachusetts.
Within REDI as the University's Research Institute, we:
• Provide original and ground-breaking economic development analyses from REDI Researcher compensated studies, reports, assessments, working papers, white papers, memoranda, and projects;
• Reinforce interdisciplinary and collaborative faculty-led research within a cooperative learning environment in which qualified and selected REDI Interns (students) serve on-campus with REDI and off-campus as research assistants and administrative support for credit toward graduation;
• Serve as a resource for the University by which research, analysis, summits, lectures, forums, conferences, workshops, seminars, and speaker series centered on regional economic development demonstrate academic excellence and offer the venue to enhance service through leadership;
• Offer a conference room to hold meetings and office space to conduct research, with technological support.
From REDI across North Central Massachusetts, we:
• Build on Fitchburg State University's role as part of the North Central Massachusetts Economic Development Council;
• Collaborate with the North Central Massachusetts Development Corporation, the North Central Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce, and the Montachusett Regional Planning Commission;
• Foster outreach and develop productive research and projects that help North Central Massachusetts advance and bridge objectively the following leaderships in:
- Community Groups
• Strengthen relationships with other research institute and center counterparts;
• Increase opportunities at Fitchburg State University and enhance knowledge throughout the greater North Central Massachusetts region by sponsoring and hosting summits, forums, lectures, speaker series, conferences, workshops, and seminars.