Campus Mail Center
To provide efficient and cost-effective distribution and processing of internal correspondence, USPS mail, packages, faxes and Print Services printing jobs, as it relates to the conduct of Fitchburg State University business and to integrate our operations with the rules and regulations of the United States Postal Service-(USPS), United Parcel Service-(UPS) and Federal Express-(FedEx).
Location and Hours
167 Klondike Avenue
Fitchburg MA 01420
Academic and Administrative Offices
- Monday-Friday 9p & 2p
Library, McKay School, Recreation Center, Campus Police, Exercise & Sports Science, Center for Professional Studies
- Monday-Friday Noon
Fitchburg State University addresses
Fitchburg State University
Fitchburg State University
Campus Mail Center Policies
- Only official Fitchburg State University Mail will be metered through the Campus Mail Center. Must have a Fitchburg State University return address on envelope.
- Personal mail may be metered at the Student Mail Center using your Fitchburg State University One Card. Stamps are also available at the Bookstore.
- Packages that require a signature will be delivered with the next delivery time, if an office is unattended.
Guidelines for preparing colored mail bags
Green Mail bags are to be used for off-campus mail
- USPS mail is picked up daily at 4:00 pm.
- Place all outgoing mail to be metered with either the envelope flaps overlapping or envelope flaps down.
- Pre-paid (no postage necessary) or mail with a stamp on it needs to be kept separate from mail to be metered.
- Air mail, certified return receipt, overnight mail should be noted and kept separate from regular mail to be metered.
- Envelopes with a clasp closing on the back need to be closed prior to being sent to the mail center.
- Envelopes that need to be sealed need to be overlapping one another.
Yellow Mail bags are to be used for inter-campus mail
- Include a name and department for on-campus mail.
- Include a return name/department for undeliverable mail.
Blue Mail bags are to be used for Print Services copy and print jobs
- These will be delivered on the same schedule as mail deliveries.
- Bulk mailing provided by the Print Services department, can save a significant cost in postage on large mailings. If you have a mailing list of 200 or more addresses, please contact Print Services to discuss your mailing. Departments planning on Bulk Mailing should contact us as far in advance as possible to allow for use of any or all of the services Print Services provides.
UPS Packages to be Sent Off Campus
- UPS packages will be sent out daily Monday-Friday through Materials Management.
- Packages that need a tracking number will be sent out UPS ground unless overnight is specified.
- Computer generated labels are processed in Materials Management, please address packages clearly with contact names, street addresses, suites if applicable, city and state.
Campus Mail FAQ’S
- Q-Can I send out personal packages?
A-Yes, for personal packages, you can add funds to your One Card to purchase postage at the student mail center. Stamps are also available in the University Bookstore in Hammond Campus Center.
- Q-What time is the USPS mail picked up?
A-USPS mail is picked up daily at 4:00 pm.
- Q-Can I send out a facsimile?
A-Yes, send copy of item to be faxed to the Campus Mail Center/Materials Management, we will send back a confirmation to you.
The below websites will help you with general information and tracking packages: