Welcome to the Fitchburg State University
Fitchburg State University's Campus Police Department traces its origins to July 1, 1948, when the State Legislature authorized a single Watchman position for the campus. The first headquarters consisted of an in-box on the desk of the Assistant to the President.
The Fitchburg State University Police Department has grown substantially in the years with a firm commitment to community service delivery. Now located at 32 Clinton Street, we are a very different department. With its basic philosophy deeply rooted in service to the university community, the department is committed to maintaining the highest level of community policing. Officers patrol the campus by foot, bicycle, and cruiser 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Police Authority and Training
- Patrol Division
- Communication Division
- Social Media
- History of the Department