CTL Programs and Events
|Programs and Events||Resource Center||Innovation Grants||Calendar||Contact Us|
The Center for Teaching and Learning hosts many events and programs throughout the year, including a week-long summer institute in August. See the events list below or visit the calendar link for more details.
AY2011/2012 CTL Activities:
Pedagogy and Instruction Sessions
- www.Threat_to_Scholarship.omg! with Jennifer Fielding - November 15th 12:30 p.m.
- What Cognitive Science Can Tell Us about Our Students' Brains with Jenn Berg - September 21st 3:30 p.m.
Series: Understanding and Supporting Our Students
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities: What is My Faculty Role? with Julie Maki - November 30th 12:30 p.m.
- Supporting the Student Athlete with Michelle Walsh - November 14th 3:30 p.m.
Professional Issues Sessions
- Making the Most of Your Sabbatical with Susan Williams - October 13th 3:30 p.m.
- Acing Academic Advising with Laura Garofoli - October 6th 2:00 p.m.
- Acing Academic Advising with Laura Garofoli - October 3rd 2:00 p.m.
Drop-in Brown Bag Lunch - December 1st 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Faculty Speakers' Series
First Monday of every month at 12:30 p.m.
Blackboard Users Group (BUG)
Second Tuesday of every month at 3:30 p.m.
CTL Advisory Board
Third Tuesday of every month at 3:30 p.m.
AY2010/2011 CTL Activities:
Innovation in Exercise and Sports Science
9 November 3:30pm
T.U.G. PowerPoint type slides
28 September 3:30 pm
Blackboard's Grade Center
22 September 12:30 pm Jenn Berg
Introduction to Blackboard
9 September 9:30 am Peter Staab
15 September 11 am Jenn Berg
Annual Renewal, Promotion, and Tenure Portfolios
The sixth annual Summer Institute,
23 August through 26 August, 2010
Monday, 23 August 2010
Report on Student survey on Educational Technology
Tuesday, 24 August 2010
Engaging Students Online, A Panel Discussion
Paul Beaudoin, Daneen Deptula, Elizabeth Gordon, Amy Wehe
Quizzes and Tests on Blackboard
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Creative Teaching Methods
Teaching with Wireless Tablets:
New Faculty Introduction to the CTL
Jennifer Berg, Peter Staab
Overview of the Classroom Technologies
Jennifer Berg, Peter Staab, Dave Clark
Thursday, 26 August 2010
CTL Resources through Koha
Libraries in the Digital Age
Teaching with Macs