Attention Students, Faculty & Staff - Get a Jump Start!
If you have a personal laptop/desktop computer that you plan to use on the campus network, please follow the network preparation steps at our Self Remediation site. These steps can be followed from your home network and will help get you up and running quickly when you get to campus.
Wireless network service is available in all buildings and many green spaces. For a view of these spaces refer to the Wireless Map (PDF). To connect your Windows system, ensure that your wireless radio is on and click "View Wireless Networks" (either from the wireless icon in the system tray or the control panel, under Network Connections/Wireless Network Connections). To connect your Mac, turn on your airport and select the appropriate wireless connection from the drop-down menu.
Select the appropriate network (SSID) based on your relationship to the University:
- Employee – Secured 802.1X that utilizes employee log in credentials.
- Adjunct – For faculty and employee personal equipment that is not University owned. SSID requires employee log in credentials and proper antivirus and operating system updates.
- Student - For student wireless devices. SSID requires student log in credentials and proper antivirus and operating system updates.
- Public - Unsecured internet access that is available in limited areas. See map for locations Wireless Map (PDF).
Connecting to the student wireless network (PDF)
The university does not sanction or support other wireless networks.
Students Connecting to the Campus Network
The entire campus is equipped with wireless, and every dorm room is equipped with wall outlets containing ports for network connections. There is a port for every bed in the room. Follow the instructions below to get your computer, gaming device, or cell phone on the campus network:
- Registering your computer/laptop on the residence hall network (PDF)
- Registering your gaming or streaming device on the residence hall network (PDF)
- Registering your Apple TV on the residence hall network (PDF)
- Registering your Chromecast on the residence hall network (PDF)
- Registering your cell phone on the student wireless network (PDF)