Interim Restrictions and Administrative Requests
- The Dean of Student and Academic Life, or designee, for undergraduate students and others or Dean of Graduate Studies, or designee, for graduate students, may impose upon a student pending disciplinary action immediate restrictions without prior notice whenever there are sufficient facts to show that the charged student’s continued presence on the campus endangers the physical safety or well being of others, or themselves, or disrupts the educational process of the university.
- Interim restrictions may include, but are not limited to: suspension from class/university and/or campus housing, assignment to alternate housing, limitation of access to designated housing facilities and/or campus facilities by time and location, restriction of communication with named individuals within the university community, and/or the requirement to secure advance authorization to engage in a specified activity.
- The Director of Housing and Residential Services, or designee, may impose upon a student pending disciplinary action immediate residential restrictions without prior notice whenever there are sufficient facts to show that the charged student’s continued presence in the residence halls disrupts or potentially disrupts the residential community.
- The student shall have the opportunity to meet with the appropriate Dean (undergraduate or graduate), or designee, to present their own version of the facts and to indicate why interim restrictions should not be imposed. Following this meeting, the decision of the Dean will be final.
- Violations of interim restrictions may result in suspension or dismissal from Fitchburg State University.
Administrative requests are official requests from a University official acting within the capacity of their responsibilities. These may include restrictions as indicated above, loss of privileges; official requests that someone not have contact with another person, or other requests.
For your convenience, please visit the forms page where you can complete the appropriate form. Appeals of Interim Restrictions and/or Administrative Request should be submitted in writing to:
Office of Student and Academic Life
Sanders Administration Building, Suite 204
Or electronically to: email@example.com
Fitchburg State University
160 Pearl Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420