Summer Orientation, Advising & Registration (SOAR)
June 10-14 2013
You will be assigned a mandatory half day session during this week. Watch your mail!
What to Expect
- Your SOAR session will take place in Holmes Dining Commons and the Hammond Campus Center.
- You must sign up for and take your placement test before you can attend your pre-assigned Summer SOAR Session. To do this, visit the Placement Center website for more information.
- You will be greeted by Fitchburg State University President Dr. Robert V. Antonucci.
- You will meet with an academic advisor, who will assist you in choosing your classes.
- You will register for your fall classes and receive a print out of your schedule.
- We will take your picture, which will be used to create your One Card (student ID).
- Your family members will participate in their own program, designed to help everyone successfully transition to Fitchburg State University.
- You will have ample opportunity to ask questions of your orientation leaders.
- Since you will be receiving your schedule, you can stop by the university bookstore to start looking up your books for the fall. You may also search for books by clicking here.