Dual Enrollment is a program for secondary school students in the region. This university-supported program allows students to earn academic credit at both the secondary school and at Fitchburg State simultaneously. Dual Enrollment students enjoy the connection to their high school as well as the challenging and independent setting of the university.
- Students must be a junior or senior in high school to participate.
- Students must be enrolled in a Massachusetts private or public high school;
- New applicants must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (recalculated by the Admissions Office per Massachusetts Department of Higher Education standards*)
- Students must have the full consent of their guidance counselor/school administrator and parent/guardian in order to participate;
- To remain eligible for continued participation in the Dual Enrollment program for the following semester, current participants must receive an overall minimum GPA of a 3.0 as well as a minimum 3.0 in each course taken at Fitchburg State University.
*The University recalculates the GPA based on all college preparatory courses completed at the time of application and weights Honors and Advanced Placement courses.
Completed files will be reviewed by Fitchburg State University, and applicants will be notified of the decision by mail. Accepted students will be asked to attend an orientation and registration session. We ask that students who wish to participate in Fall semester dual enrollment complete their applications no later than July 15th. Students who wish to participate in the Spring semester should have their applications completed by December 15th. Dual Enrollment is only offered during the Fall and Spring semesters.
Application and Requirements
- Dual Enrollment Application
- Dual Enrollment Application (For Homeschooled Applicants)
- Official High School Transcript
- Fitchburg State University transcript (for current participants only)
Cost of Program
The cost for Dual Enrollment students attending Fitchburg State University is $100 per credit hour. This amount must be paid in full at the time of registration. The student is also responsible for providing their own transportation and for the expenses related to instructional materials and textbooks.
For more information please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.