M.Ed. in Technology Education (Professional Licensure)
The Master’s of Education in Technology Education Program leads to professional licensure (5-12) in the field of technology/engineering education.
This program is currently undergoing program revisions to meet new licensure requirements established by the Department of Education.
This is a 39-credit program designed to fill the requirements for professional licensure as a technology/engineering education teacher and to meet the needs of the practicing teacher with prior preparation and experience. In addition, the program aims to:
- Demonstrate the application of a wide range of knowledge in the area of technology education, including the technologies of manufacturing, communications, construction, power, energy and transportation
- Prepare teachers to design, implement, and assess the most contemporary teaching strategies and approaches in technology/engineering education
- Enable teachers to acquire skills in developing and working with tools, machines and materials
- Explore relationships among technology/engineering education, career awareness, math, science and other fields of knowledge
- Implement unique problem-oriented strategies for diverse and exceptional student populations
Requirements and Curriculum
- Initial Licensure or Professional Certification
Graduate Pedagogy Courses
|ITEC 8000 Advanced Methods of Teaching at the Secondary Level||3 S.H.|
|EDUC 8300 Research in Education||3 S.H.|
|ITEC 8900 Curriculum Development for Technology Education||3 S.H.|
Competence and Field Applications (in the following cluster areas)
|ITEC 8400 Communications in Technology Education||3 S.H.|
|ITEC 8500 Power and Energy in Technology Education||3 S.H.|
|ITEC 8600 Manufacturing in Technology Education||3 S.H.|
|ITEC 8700 Construction in Technology Education||3 S.H.|
|ITEC 8800 Transportation in Technology Education||3 S.H.|
|ITEC 9500 Internship||6 S.H.|
|Choose from any industrial technology courses||9 S.H.|
Total for Degree
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Admissions Office: (978)665-3144, firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend our Distinguished Speaker Series
at a Glance
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis.
Admissions Requirements (PDF)
Face-to-face and online courses offered in the evenings with some day courses during the summer.
While you can complete the program in as few as 2 years, you have 6 years to complete the program.
Anthony, Room 112
Mon-Thur 8-6:30 pm, Fri 8-5 pm