Master of Science in Nursing - Forensic Nursing (Online)
The Master of Science in Nursing Degree Program is designed for registered nurses who wish to pursue advanced leadership positions in the community and the health care system. The graduate is prepared to contribute to the development of nursing science, to the improvement of health care, and to pursue doctoral study. The program is offered completely online.
Requirements and Curriculum
- Death investigator
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medico-legal Investigator
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
- Forensic Nurse Hospital Based Expert
- Risk Management Specialist
- Forensic Mental Health Consultant
“The most meaningful period of my academic life was spent in the Forensic Nursing Graduate Program. It was an intellectually challenging and emotionally stimulating experience which allowed me to clarify and achieve my personal aspirations. My faculty were seasoned professionals who took time to know me and my goals. My classmates were insightful and committed to advancing the nursing profession.”– Laura Maquire
Program at a Glance
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- Official transcript from a regionally accredited baccalaureate nursing program
- Three letters of recommendation
- Qualified RNs with a minimum of 1 year experience who hold non-nursing baccalaureate or advanced degrees in a complementary field may submit a pre-matriculation professional portfolio to demonstrate nursing competencies in lieu of holding the BSN. Please contact email@example.com for details.
- A current RN’s license*
- Professional resume
- CORI-Criminal Offense Record Investigation may be required by certain clinical agencies; the cost of funding a CORI may be at the student’s expense
- Official transcripts of graduate level course work from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Graduate application and fee
- Written two-part essay to include:
- Part I (no more than 300 words): Your reason for wishing to attend graduate school or your reason for pursuing a post-master’s certificate in a specialty area.*Applicants who reside and/or work outside the U.S. are not required to hold an U.S. RN License but instead must possess a current license from the country they reside in or in which they will complete clinical coursework hours.
- Part II (at least 1200 words): Your specific interests, the type of work you would like to pursue in this field, and how you intend to pursue employment or volunteer work in this area
This program is offered completely online.
While you can complete the program in as few as 3 years, you have 6 years to complete the program.
The master of science degree in nursing at Fitchburg State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-665-3144
- Make an appointment to speak to an advisor
- Attend an Information Session