Forensic Nursing Graduate Certificate (Online)
This program provides an opportunity for advanced practice nurses who hold a master’s degree in nursing from accredited programs to acquire specialization in forensic nursing. Forensic nursing is the application of nursing science to public or legal proceedings and the integration of the forensic aspects of health care with the bio-psycho-social education of the professional nurse. Students are prepared to deal with the prevention, scientific investigation, and treatment of victims of trauma and/or death as well as the investigation and treatment of perpetrators of abuse, violence, criminal activity and traumatic accidents. The program is offered completely online.
Requirements and Curriculum
- Death Investigator
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Medico-legal Investigator
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE)
- Forensic Nurse Hospital Based Expert
- Risk Management Specialist
- Forensic Mental Health Consultant
Program at a Glance
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Admissions requirements are as follows:
- An official transcript of a master’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- A current RN’s license*
- A personal statement of career goals
- Professional Resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Graduate application and fee
* Applicants who reside and/or work outside the U.S. are not required to hold a U.S. RN License but instead must possess a current license from the country they reside in or in which they will complete clinical coursework hours.
This certificate program is offered completely online.
While you can complete the program in as few as 2 years, you have 6 years to complete the program.
The master of science degree in nursing at Fitchburg State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation).
Still have questions? We're here to help!
We know you're busy, so we've given you a few different options to conveniently get the answers you need. You can…
- Contact us at email@example.com or call 978-665-3144
- Make an appointment to speak to an advisor
- Attend an Information Session