SEI/RETELL Endorsement Course Registration Information
EDUC 8014C (3 GD cr.) Massachusetts Sheltered English Instruction Teacher
The purpose of this course is to prepare the Commonwealth’s teachers with the knowledge and skills to effectively shelter their content instruction, so that our growing population of English language learners (ELLs) can access curriculum, achieve academic success, and contribute their multilingual and multicultural resources as participants and future leaders in the 21st century global economy.
Students taking courses that END BEFORE February 1, Use this form.
Students taking courses that BEGIN AFTER the end of January 31, use this form.
- Students should register for graduate-level credit at the beginning of the course. However, the university will accept submission of the online registration request form until the last physical class meeting. Credit cannot be issued after the course has ended.
- Questions about course registration can be made to the Registrar's Office at (978) 665-4196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All other inquiries can be made to the Center for Professional Studies at (978) 665-3636 or email@example.com.
COST AND PAYMENT
- Total cost for three graduate credits is $285.
- Payment must be made within 24 hours of receiving the course registration confirmation email from the university. The email will be sent to the address provided on the online registration request form.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY
- Prior to registering, please review the university course withdrawal policy.
- The payment for this course is non-refundable.
GRADES AND TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
- Students must earn a grade of 2.0 (C) or higher in order to receive graduate credit for this course.
- Pass/fail is not an option for graduate credit.
- Grades will not be available from ESE until approximately 8 weeks after the end of each SEI Endorsement course semester.
- DESE requires that students provide their approval prior to releasing grades to Fitchburg State University. Registration request forms that do not have the mandatory grade release statement checked-off will not be processed by Fitchburg State University.
- Grades will be made available by DESE to Fitchburg State approximately eight weeks after the DESE semester end dates.
- Spring 2016 courses: Grades will be released by late August 2016.
- To receive an official transcript fill out the University transcript request form.
|For More information contact us at:
Center for Professional Studies