SEI/RETELL Endorsement Course Registration Information
EDUC 8014 (3 GD cr.) Massachusetts Sheltered English Instruction Teacher
The purpose of this course is to prepare the Commonwealth’s teachers with the knowledge and skills to effectively shelter their content instruction, so that our growing population of English language learners (ELLs) can access curriculum, achieve academic success, and contribute their multilingual and multicultural resources as participants and future leaders in the 21st century global economy.
EDUC 8018 (2 GD cr.) Massachusetts Sheltered English Instruction Teacher Endorsement Course: Long Bridge
This SEI Endorsement course is for teachers who have taken two Category trainings.
EDUC 8019 (1 GD cr.) Massachusetts Sheltered English Instruction Teacher Endorsement Course: Short Bridge
This SEI Endorsement course is for teachers who have taken three or more Category trainings.
- Students should complete the online registration request form.
- Please indicate on the registration request form which SEI Endorsement Course you are taking (i.e. full course, Long Bridge, or Short Bridge).
- Students should register for graduate-level credit at the beginning of the course. However, the university will accept submission of the online registration request form until the course end date. Credit cannot be issued after the course has ended.
- Questions about course registration can be made to the Registrar's Office at (978) 665-4196 or email@example.com.
- All other inquiries can be made to the Center for Professional Studies at (978) 665-3636 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COST AND PAYMENT
- Total cost for three graduate credits is $275.
- Total cost for two graduate credits is $235.
- Total cost for one graduate credit is $190.
- Payment must be made within 24 hours of receiving the course registration confirmation email from the university. The email will be sent to the address provided on the online registration request form.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY
- Prior to registering, please review the university course withdrawal policy.
- The payment for this course is non-refundable.
GRADES AND TRANSCRIPT REQUEST
- Students must earn a grade of 2.0 (C) or higher in order to receive graduate credit for this course.
- Pass/fail is not an option for graduate credit.
- Grades will be made available once the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has issued the university an official grade report.
- Courses ending in December or earlier will have grades reported by the end of January
- Courses ending by February 28th will have grades reported by the end of April
- Courses ending by June 30 will have grades reported by the end of August
- To receive an official transcript fill out the University transcript request form.